Thursday, July 26, 2018

Back to Korea 2018: Dynamic Busan

I am back to my 2nd home!

This time, however, I will just touch on the attractions that I visited:
Nampo-dong
Jagalchi Market
Gamcheon Culture Village
PNU Shopping Street

Nampo-dong














The whole stretch of Nampo-dong shopping street and BIFF are famous. The hotteok from here is a definite must-try. There are 2 stalls though, and it really depends on whether you prefer sweeter or savoury. My advice: get both!

And alas, there is also the Style Nanda Pink Hotel at Nampo-dong. No need to squeeze with so many people at the Myeongdong branch.

There are also a lot of cafes and good food lining the whole stretch. 

And my favourite is to come to this small alley for super cheap street food.

Nearest station: Nampo or Jagalchi Station




This pancake costs 3000 won and I always like to share this with a friend for dinner. Which means u only spend 1500 won and can get so FULL. The street food from the small alleys are all delicious by the way. And with one of the weakest stomachs, I can attest the street food here is very clean.


Jagalchi Market









Jagalchi Market is the biggest fish market in Korea, and I will definitely come here for seafood whenever I am in Busan. Seafood is not cheap, but the food here is definitely fresh and worth every cent. Also, I bought the packet seaweed and anchovies back for my mum from here, and she can attest that the ingredients are very different from what we can get in SG. The anchovies are especially sweet! 

Nearest station: Jagalchi Station

Gamcheon Culture Village












Gamcheon Culture Village wasn't even famous in 2011 when I was doing my school exchange (it rose to fame in 2012!), so this is my first time here. It is a beautiful place for taking pictures, and just chilling around the numerous cafes in the area. Take a picture with the famous little prince and fox, and also many street art and mural in every alley and corner.

Directions: a bit complicated as the place is only accessible by bus.

Goejeong Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 6. 
- Take local bus Sakha 1 or Sakha 1-1 to Gamcheon Elementary School Bus Stop. 

Toseong Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 6.
- Take local bus Saha 1-1, Seogu 2 or Seogu 2-2 to Gamcheon Elementary School Bus Stop.

PNU Shopping Street





I just needed to revisit the street I was so familiar with, and go back to the school gate to take a photo. Alas, almost everything changed and I couldn't even find the salon and bibimbap that I frequented last time. Instead I went to another bibimbap store 곁집 and another salon!

Another thing about the shopping in Busan. The shops in PNU Shopping Street don't do immediate tax refund. So I would recommend u guys to just buy everything in Nampo-dong, or better still, buy all in Seoul instead. The clothes in Busan are cheaper, but if u are thinking of cosmetics and contact lens, just buy them in Seoul. Besides, there are sales people who can speak Mandarin and English well in Seoul. The ones at PNU Shopping Street.... can't make it.

Nearest station: Pusan National University Station

Click below for

Korea VLOG
Everland
Siloam Sauna
Elysian Ski Resort
Seoul Food So Good

No comments: