Sunday, December 06, 2020

Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing Review

It has been a while since I last went to the salon, and the frizzy unruly hair is really irking me. Therefore, time to look for Ken to save my tresses!

I went to him last year for a Mucota Algana Straightening with C-curls, and he has since moved to another salon this November - Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing.


Mucota Algana Straigtening with C-curls

This time, I decided to do Mucota Algana Straightening with C-curls once again as this really helps with the frizziness of my hair.

Just to let everyone see the disastrous state of my hair before the treatment:


Benefits of this treatment:
  • Softer, smoother hair with a healthy shine
  • More natural looking, not the usual rebonding flat and straight type of hair
  • No harsh chemicals
  • Tames frizzy hair
  • Lasts up to 6 months or longer

In summary, these were the steps for my whole session at the salon:
  1. Wash
  2. Snipping off 6 inches (because a shorter hair length is more suitable for C-curls, and I wanted him to snip off my bleached hair ends)
  3. Blow dry 
  4. Apply the treatment prep cream
  5. Leave the cream on for 20 minutes
  6. Wash and blow dry
  7. Straighten hair with flat iron
  8. Put on curlers at the hair ends
  9. Perm the hair ends for 20 minutes
  10. Apply a liquid to finish off the straightening treatment and set hair
  11. Leave them on for 10 minutes
  12. Wash and blow dry
So there you have it. Look at what my hair looks like after the treatment:

My hair is so silky, frizz-free and easy to maintain now!

*For my hair length, the whole treatment costs $280 (incl. cut) + $70 (c-curls). Do check with Ken for your hair length and whether this is the most suitable treatment for your hair.

And if you are wondering if my hair still looks the same post-salon? 

Yes it does, although blow-drying your hair of course gives it more shine. But on days that I don't blow-dry, it looks nicely maintained as well. Just in time to celebrate the Holiday season!

Mucota Hair Products

And having tried Mucota shampoo before, I can attest that their products really does wonders to my hair. So I decided to buy a set of Mucota Little Forest series from the salon. There is 20% off their hair products now, and I even get a free Mucota pouch!
  • Smoothing Botanical Scalp Shampoo
  • Moisturising Botanical Treatment
  • Botanical Veil for Wavy Hair
I absolutely love the scent from their hair products by the way. Makes me want to smell my own hair more lol.

Buying from an authorised shop will prevent you from getting fake ones online. I heard that some shops selling these cheap on Carousell have the exact same packaging, same colour, same smell, but effects are vastly different. Knock-offs are so commonplace nowadays we can't even tell the difference!

Do look for Ken f you need to get your Mucota products, or to create some magic to your tresses!


Kudos by Headlines Hairdressing

531 Upper Cross St, #02-08 HongLim Complex, Singapore 050531

No comments: