Friday, November 25, 2016

Perth TPFF 2016 Day 1

As an ELLE Insider, was given the opportunity to fly to Perth for the Telstra Perth Fashions Festival on behalf of ELLE Singapore. You don't know how ecstatic I was when I heard about the news. So it was supposedly a 5-day event 20-25 Sep but we flew over on 19th evening instead and left on the 26th morning.

Anyway, since the TPFF is photo-intensive, I shall split them all up into 6 posts!

Was elated to hear that I would be travelling with 3 other girls, 1 from Mercury PR, 1 from Style Magazine, 1 from Buro247.

We actually reached around midnight on the 20th, so I got into my room at Pan Pacific Perth after like 1am?

This was what greeted me, 
but I didn't dare to eat it, who knows how long it has been left there?

Anyway when morning came, I decided to go for breakfast with Hazel (of Mercury PR). 

Little that we know that this breakfast isn't complimentary and the person at the counter didn't inform us that it was chargeable. (well I thought hotel breakfasts are always free?) Oh wells guys please do check yours next time!

Received this VIP package in my room shortly after. Red wine!


I walked around the Perth CBD area myself after that since the other 3 were busy with other things and saw this pretty church.
That's all for the area around Pan Pac.

We then cabbed to the famous Crawley Edge Boatshed for the mandatory shot.
It certainly looks underwhelming when I saw it cos it was just by the roadside and smaller than I imagined.

However, it sure looks good in photos!

After a little sight-seeing, we went back to the hotel to prepare for the Opening Night for TPFF.

They actually had booths for guests of TPFF to do their hair and makeup! How awesome?

And here are the photos from the runway. My first front row experience by the way!
Was still experimenting on which settings to use for my camera due to the bad lighting but it got better as days went by.




And here's the food we dabao-ed back to the hotel for our dinner.
That's all for Day 1!

Click below for the rest of the trip:
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

No comments: