Thursday, April 06, 2017

ELLE Spring/Summer Fashion Photography Experiential Workshop

Once again, it is Spring/Summer season and ION Orchard has done it again with many promotions and events during Mar and Apr.

ELLE Singapore has teamed up with ION Orchard again to bring you the Spring/Summer’17 Fashion From The Front Row this April.


It's my 3rd year joining in the IONxELLE events and still as excited as ever, cos ION Orchard would also be celebrating their 8th year anniversary this year!


First up, you can tell from our happy faces I was elated to join the OOTD workshop held by ELLE. This year, they invited the renowned fashion stylist Furqan Saini, and Mediacorp's in-house photographer Kelvin Chia to share with us top tips for nailing great fashion shots.



If u think OOTDs are just about looking pretty, think again. It's time we all level up and take care of lighting, composition, pose, and even lenses! If you missed this session... wait for the one next year then!



The complimentary drinks and cupcakes we got.
It was my first time trying the cupcakes from Plain Vanilla and omg it was soo good!

Anyway, after their presentation, we were split into 2 groups and my group headed down to level 3 for a light graffiti shot. 


Due to time constraints, we could only take a group shot. It took quite a while at the light graffiti studio as the photographer has to teach u how to control the light stick, and after that pose for the photo.

This was our shot. ahem as u can see, the light stick drawers didn't position correctly and the word overlapped with the heart shape. But it's ok, I'll still be going back for another shot when I have the time!

Afterwards, we headed down to the ION fashion garden at level 1 to put our skills learnt to good use.

Unedited photos:



And this one I had to tweak the warmth on my phone cos it was a weird colour at first, but didn't realise it was too blue until I saw it on my computer. (forgot to turn off the blue light filter on my Samsung!)


I'll need to go back again as the backdrop lights up at night! Think pretty fairy lights and garden all in one! Just look at the hashtag #ss17xIONxELLE on Instagram to see what the rest posted too!

There will be a series of fashion workshops this April - the Spring/Summer’17 Roving Fashion Masterclass, where we join the fashion stylist in visiting two fashion and one skincare/cosmetic boutiques at ION Orchard.

Thank u for having me, ELLE Singapore!

Till then, will update on that again!

No comments: