Saturday, June 02, 2012

Drama review: Love Rain

Just finished watching the Korean drama 'Love Rain' by my favourite Jang Geun Suk, and SNSD's Yoona.


First time I felt that the drama had both beautiful leads in it. One's my favourite korean actor, one's SNSD's prettiest Yoona.

CAUTION! Spoiler alert!
All photos are grabbed from various website from the internet.

Well for ppl who don't like slow-moving dramas or movies, this drama would probably bore u out in the first 4 episodes, cos those 4 episodes are bout the life of In Ha (played by Jang Geun Suk) and Yun Hee (Yoona) in the 1970s. Well u know, in the 70s, ppl are more shy and slow. 

Well, sometimes I really feel like bashing those 2. Its like they are too shy! If they weren't so shy then all those misunderstanding wouldn't have happened mah. But I guess thats how ppl in the 70s are?

I thought that these 2 acted really well! Depicting that kind of 70s feel!


So I think the drama perfectly depicts that kind of feel! Felt that it was during that time when their luv was strongest. Slow-moving and not exciting like other dramas yes, but I still like it. 
Arty feel to the filming. I can imagine some guys falling asleep while the rest who luv these type of arty touch to films will continue watching. But I like the fact that those guys still remained good friends up till old age. The drama depicts that kind of camaderie of the 3 best guy friends for 30years unchanged. When they are 50years old, they still meet up for a drink, reminisce on the old times, when they were young. Its a great feeling. Really. Wish I can do that when I'm old. haha.

Well, but anw, because of some misunderstanding and Yun Hee was sick with TB (tuberculosis) and she went to the US, in the end they didn't end up tgt.

At episode 5, the drama moved on to the present era, where Jang Geun Suk acts as In Ha's son, Joon, and Yoona acts as the daughter of Yun Hee, Hana. 


Shan't talk so much about the storyline just in case too much spoiler. But from this part onwards, its pretty much back to the normal kind of korean drama: 
Guy meets girl on bad terms, but both start to fall in luv with each other, yet meet with disruption from outside elements like the evil mother, 2 other guys fall for the female lead and yet shes only in luv with the male lead. Some funny sidekicks to add some laughter to the drama, some beautiful scenes to add some eye candy to viewers, some accessories like necklaces or rings to mark their love, some jealousy, some hidden love.. Blah blah.... u know de lah.


However! All those are solved and what I luv about this drama is that its a happy ending! 
But anw, I felt that Jang Geun Suk's character as Joon somehow reminds me of Taekyung in his previous drama 'You're Beautiful'. The same stylish. cranky, badass type of character. Haha. But he suits it. 
He SUITS ANY KIND OF CHARACTER OK!


Too many sad endings for alot of korean dramas. At first I thought that Yun Hee would die, or at least become blind... but she didn't! Her daughter and her beloved got married and they lived happily ever after! 


Guy should just stay away from the boring black all over the body. Add some touch of white, cream, shine, bling, whatsoever!

But on a side note, ISN'T YOONA'S WEDDING DRESS AWESOME? The pretty sandals just complements it perfectly!

Makes me rethink on my layered cake dress for this. And the floral wreath on her head is just too pretty! Can I do this too? But its abit weird if your wedding is not held in the garden or something.

Ohwells. Ok this scene lasted for a few seconds only, so don't talk so much about it lol.
Anw, to my surprise, Yoona actually acts well! Well cos I was abit biased towards her cos I think she's the lousiest singer in SNSD srsly. But ok lah her acting makes up for it! And too pretty alr I shall forgive her for now. But I feel she should brush up on her singing more! After all, ppl know her as Yoona from SNSD!

Ok. So all in all, great acting from all the actors in this drama. Even though there were many scenes focusing on the older actors, but its as if the continuation of the luv from the 70s were so overpowering that u can't stop watching them.

If u luv all things beautiful, watch this drama. Not just because of the beautiful clothes and beautiful ppl (well partly lah).
Its really touching, heart-wrenching, and soo true in this world.

Makes u rethink bout your definition towards LOVE.

Have u loved someone wholeheartedly today?
Go on.

No comments: