Monday, July 13, 2009

of loads of singing competitions

at last. everything has come to a halt. tired. I'm not gonna participate in any more singing competitions for this year.

simply because. 
I've taken part in 5 already for the past few months.
I just wanna sing
Showquest'09
Youthbox
Garage battle 2
Kovan superstar

like wow lah. super good stamina. my singing friends even went for the one million star 超級星光大道 which 
I don't want to join because I know only the good ones will get in. if I can't even get into the finals for the above 5 competitions. no way am I going to one million star.


they say birds of a feather flock together. such a big group. but neither of us have won champion for any competition yet. wahaha. at most only get into finals.




but anw. let me reminisce.



i just wanna sing was at jurong point. sometime end of last year. 
I've posted some stuffs on it before. so I'm not gonna elaborate.


showquest'09. didn't go for audition because 
I was semi finalist for i just wanna sing. yep semi finalist onwards for that competition gained u through access to showquest quarter finals. which took place on mothers day at liang court partyworld.




and we had to take some photos before the competition commenced.


IN THE SCORCHING HOT SUN




arghh they never say taking photo that day...if not...everyone would have put on makeup!!!


bahh and this was the semi finals. at the stage at hong lim park.


with some new found friends.


ahaha. a little xtra. we decided to go for the chinese version of dont forget the lyrics 我要唱下去 auditions held on sat and sun at the cine kbox level8. we went on sat. but it was a wasted trip. coz. too many ppl. so they gave us queue number to go back on sunday. bahh


but at least got take some photos with 林明伦


and the evil sister in 小娘惹



sunday. we went back.

and we were given a list of songs. choose 5 songs from there. and then when u go into the audition room the judge will pick 1 of them for u to sing. my 5 songs were
't
不能说的秘密
爱你

浪花一朵朵
说爱你

隐形的翅膀

and gosh. just as I thought. they really go choose cyndi wang de 爱你.


randomly. for youthbox competition at the heeren. the audition result was shocking coz some of us didn't get in. although we were semi finalists for other competitions.


u see. sometimes. person A gets in for this competition. person B doesn't. but for another competition. B gets in. but A doesn't. all this hiatus makes me realise that...

unless ur really pro (like really pro. as pro as the winners of project superstars and the likes) or else. u have to be really smart in song choice. so that by some play here and there. even if ur not as good. u can dikam and get in. waha thats what 
I always get away with. well just to say that song choice. and your condition for the day. really makes a big difference to a downfall. or uprise. hahA



but singing the same song again and again makes me bored.


went partyworld to prac


maracas



and then later headed down to music garage to prac for my wildcard round for their garage battle 2
I got into wildcard. that means if I win it I will compete in the semis.


the thing about garage battle is that it is 1 vs 1 PK. they will choose 2 persons to sing their song. one after another. and the judges will decide out of the 2 who gets into the next round to compete with the rest of the contestants who also won their PK.


sorry. but the office there is magnificent for camwhores and crazy actions. and 
I just tot of kakashi...

but anw. on the day of garage battle:



the place is great. for photoshoots. 
I luv the scenery there.








yepp.




then it was kovan superstar'09. held at kovan of coz. 
I didn't know that alot of my MIC friends. and even my mentor. JOINED the competition!

its like. GG lor. so many pro ppl. really good game. gone.

and ya. we forgot to take picture. coz the shopping mall was ridiculously small and the area was cramped. uhhuh. but glad that zupeng and winnie got in to the next round.




the semi finals:



aye. alls over now. shall take a break.
and school is starting soon. need to gear up for that!!! =(

No comments: